Peanut Butter Brownie Barsjump to recipe
Is it just me or does chocolate and peanut butter go with like everything?! These Peanut Butter Brownie Bars are seriously life. Super chocolatey peanut butter goodness that’s easy to make, delicious, and wait for it…vegan! Yes, can you even deal?! But when you taste it you won’t even know it’s vegan, it’s sinfully good. BUT (but but but) there’s a twist. The top is not frosting or icing or anything that’s even remotely bad for you. It’s my peanut butter mousse that’s made with coconut whipped cream and sweetened with some maple syrup. *they gasp*
The brownie layer is easy peasy, all you need is your favorite vegan brownie mix (2 boxes) and whatever it calls for, usually vegan butter, water, or oil. For the topping I went with dairy free peanut butter cups (dark chocolate) and some extra chocolate drizzle (because duh, the more chocolate the better).
This dessert is more on the indulgent side. Perfect to have ready for your upcoming BBQ’s or birthday parties (WooHoo!). It’s pretty big too so you can just keep it in the fridge and snack on it all week (ahem, like I did, lol).
If you like things a little less sweeter or less chocolatey (as if), then you can skip the peanut butter cups and chocolate drizzle on top and just leave the brownie and peanut butter mousse layer. It still will be totes bomb dot com. I personally can’t stop eating it when I make it. I want to but I can’t — whole other blog post.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how easy it is to make these Peanut Butter Brownie Bars!
I’m in love with this chocolate peanut butter combo. It’s totally ok and necessary to treat yo’self once in a while or once a week
or once a day.
It’s a family fave and a complete hit with friends. So just a heads up, once you make this you’ll be getting lots of requests for another delicious guest appearance of this amazingly decedent brownie goodness.
*recipe adapted from ASavoryFeast
Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- 2 boxes of vegan brownie mix
- 1-15oz can coconut cream (left in the fridge overnight discard the water)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 10 vegan peanut butter cups (to top)
- chocolate sauce (to top, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350• and grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions. Once done baking let cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix coconut cream, maple syrup, peanut butter, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Once brownies are cooled completely spread the peanut butter mousse evenly on top of the brownie layer. You may put it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Cut peanut butter cups into small pieces. Sprinkles on top of peanut butter layer and drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired (totally recommended).
- Place in the fridge once more for half hour. Cut into bars, serve and Enjoy!