Vegan Keto Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
Vegan Keto Portobello Mushroom Pizzas are stuffed with vegan mozzarella, a keto friendly marinara sauce thats sugar free and topped with vegan pepperoni and sprinkles of basil. Perfect for your keto meals and hits the spot with pizza cravings!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp low carb marinara sauce , per mushroom
- 20g vegan mozzarella, per mushroom
- 6 slices vegan pepperoni , (2 per mushroom)
- handful of freshly chopped basil, to top
- salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushrooms on baking sheet, gills up, sprinkle with some salt and bake for 20 minutes. This will get rid of some of that liquid mushrooms like to spew out.
When mushrooms are done baking take them out of the oven and becareful becasue the tray will be hot. Set up another baking dish with fresh parchment paper and using tongs, place the mushrooms on the other baking dish. Distribute 2 tbsp of marinara per mushroom, followed by the 20g of mozzarella, 2 pepperoni slices per mushroom, sprinkle of basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes if you baked them for the 20, however if you skipped step one and went right for the full set up then let them bake for the original 20 minutes.
Once finished remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
- To get the cheese melty and gooey, spray a fry pan with coconut oil spray and place the amount of cheese you're using. Let it get a tad bubbly and you'll see it start to melt. When it's done slide it off right onto your mushrooms. To make it easier you can do it by grams. So each mushroom here gets 20g of cheese, you can do this 4 times or all at once, whatever is easier for you.
- Serving size is up to 2 mushrooms depending on your own personal macros for the day.
- You can figure out nutritional info using Chronometer. This is the app I use as it calculate Net Carbs.