Mixed Nut Hempseed Cereal (Vegan Keto)
This vegan keto cereal will give you all the morning feels as it's even better than the sugary boxed stuff. I'm so excited for you to give this a go!
- 1 flax egg, (1tbsp flaxmeal to 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup keto friendly sweetener, (See notes for the one I use. Alternatively you can use regualr sugar, coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice.)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts , (dry sea salt roasted is what I used)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp vegan butter , (melted)
- 2 tsp banana extract, (or any extract of choice like almond, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 325F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make your flax egg and place in the fridge to firm up while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients until well combined. Then add in the wet ingredients along with the flax egg and stir until it starts to clump together.
Evenly spread cereal out on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. At the 10 minute mark mix the cereal around so it gets crunchy on all sides. Do this two times. At the end of the 25 minutes if you want it more crispier or crunchier leave it in an extra 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and leave on the pan for a few minutes to cool. Transfer to jar or jars for storage. Top with vegan keto friendly chocolate chips, berries or freeze dried fruit like strawberries. Enjoy with or without milk!
- I used Lakanto Gold in this recipe. It's vegan and keto approved.