Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
Enjoy straight from the oven while the bars are still warm & the chocolate chips are super melty.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, or any flour
- 1 tsp banking soda
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 8 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- handful of freezer dried raspberries, (optional)
- handful of shredded coconut, (optional)
- chocolate sauce for chocolate drizzle , (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8in baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Combine wet to dry and mix until well combined.
Spread half of the batter into the baking dish and cover that with the one cup of chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Top with the remaining batter. You can sprinkle more chocolate chips and coconut on top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Top with the suggested toppings and drizzle with your fave melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!
- Stores well at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Any flour can be used.
- Hate coconut? You can omit.