Vegan Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Super easy and delicious low carb crispy bacon wrapped asparagus topped with vegan parmesan and a sprinkle of lemon is all sorts of perfect.
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 4-5 garlic cloves , minced
- 12 oz asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 12 pieces vegan bacon, not cooked
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp vegan parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top each bundle (more or less if you'd like)
- salt/pepper , to taste
- handful of parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small fry pan add the vegan butter, minced garlic and cook until butter is melted and garlic is slightly browned.
Use two pieces of vegan bacon to wrap 4-5 asparagus spears. Do this to each bundle until there are no more bundles left. Evenly coat each bacon wrapped bundle with the butter garlic mixture. Be generous. Add salt and pepper to your liking, sprinkle as much vegan parmesan on top, squeeze a bit of lemon then pop the tray in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes but oven times vary.
When done sprinkle with more vegan parmesan and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!