Vegan Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Did you know that they make vegan alternatives to almost everything now? Like seriously you guys, when I first went plant-based I couldn’t find half the things I have access to now. It’s truly awesome. Think about it, Vegan Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?! Sounds like an oxymoron but I assure you, all is the real deal.
This doesn’t even have to be that fancy. Or perfect. As you can tell from the photos they’re just ever so messily placed on a baking dish and ready to enjoy. Probably one of the easiest things to make like ever. You don’t have to precook anything before hand. All you have to do is clean and trim the asparagus and you’re all set.
Because I used this bacon, I wrapped my bunches into two pieces of it. I wrapped between 4-5 pieces of asparagus. Just keep in mind the size of the asparagus too. Here, my spears are pretty thin so 4-5 were a good bundle. I have had however some thick ass spears of asparagus and if that’s the case for you just wrap about 2-3 instead of 4-5.
Now let me walk you through how to butter these babies up. And I mean that in the literal sense.
Melt up 2-4 tablespoons of your favorite vegan butter. I use this one. Mince about 4-5 cloves of garlic. Add them both to a fry pan, let the butter melt and the garlic get slightly brown. Your house will smell all sorts of amaze.
Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper to get started. Place your bundles on there.
Coat each of your bundles with the buttery deliciousness, followed by a sprinkle of lemon and vegan parmesan cheese. Pinch of salt and pepper on each, dash of fresh parsley to garnish. And Oh-Em-Gee! Bomb dot com (are people still saying that, lol).
This is something you can eat as a snack or as a side dish to one of your mains. It’s close to perfect and will compliment all the other things we make during the holidays. I usually make asparagus anyway but this year I’m making this Vegan Bacon Wrapped Asparagus to bring more flavor and flare to our usual traditions. Also bonus points for being Vegan Keto Friendly, Whoop Whoop!
Clearly I can’t give you no better reason as to why you should eat more asparagus now. The choice here is obvious, you must make this asap! I can’t have you missing out on this for one more itty bitty second. Now go my friends and asparagus on. lol
Vegan Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 4-5 garlic cloves , minced
- 12 oz asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 12 pieces vegan bacon, not cooked
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp vegan parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top each bundle (more or less if you'd like)
- salt/pepper , to taste
- handful of parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small fry pan add the vegan butter, minced garlic and cook until butter is melted and garlic is slightly browned.
- Use two pieces of vegan bacon to wrap 4-5 asparagus spears. Do this to each bundle until there are no more bundles left.
- Evenly coat each bacon wrapped bundle with the butter garlic mixture. Be generous. Add salt and pepper to your liking, sprinkle as much vegan parmesan on top, squeeze a bit of lemon then pop the tray in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes but oven times vary.
- When done sprinkle with more vegan parmesan and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
~Pin This Recipe~