12 Days of Cookies: Strawberry Hazelnut Thumbprintsjump to recipe
On the first day of Christmas NeuroticMommy gave to me:
Strawberry Hazelnut Thumbprint cookies. (I totally sang that out loud) Tis the season! I’m such a winter baby. I love this time of year. I love the cold, hats, gloves, scarves, coats…I love it all! I especially love the coziness of it all. Warm cocoa, marshmallows, blankets, movies and…you guessed it, cookies. I mean come on! There is a soft spot in your heart for some cookies. (wink wink)
On Instagram I started my 12 Days of Cookies. So for each day up until Christmas you will have a new, delicious cookie recipe to make for your family, friends or just you. Sometimes I shed a tear when I think about having to share such yumminess. Is that terrible? Naaah! Ok, I got off track there for a second.
Back to the cookies. So this is Batch one. I’m not even kidding when I tell you these might be my favorite so far. They look like they would be a lot of work but I promise they are easy and ready to please. (No not that girl from high school…hahaha) Just kidding. Anyway they don’t take a lot of time, maybe just the baking part but the manual labor on your end is pretty slim. Plus they are so pretty to look at I knew they would be a hit for the start of this bake off. I really wanted to suck ya right in. Coookies…
If you have a favorite cookie, drop a line and let me know. Maybe it’s on my list or perhaps I’ll just make it and do my best to healthify it or make it vegan. I do what I do. Now, will you get your bake on with me?
Strawberry Hazelnut Thumbprints
- 1 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/2 c hazelnut meal
- 1/2 c coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 c brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 flax egg
- strawberry jam, as needed
- shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients. Flour, hazelnut meal, chopped hazelnuts, baking powder and rice flour.
- In a larger bowl using a hand mixer, cream together sugar, butter and egg until smooth.
- Pour in flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Take tablespoon size dough, roll into a ball and press gently with the back of a spoon or your thumb (duuuh).
- Spoon in 1/2 tsp of jam to center of each cookie.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Let cool before topping with coconut. Enjoy!
Pingback: The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies | NeuroticMommy