Berry Marble Tart
3 c almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 cans full fat coconut milk left in the fridge overnight
1/4 c mixed berries (raspberries & strawberries, chopped)
1 tbsp agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c fresh raspberries
a handful of blackberries
2 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- For the crust put all ingredients in a food processor and run until a pliable dough forms.
- Line a 9″ round pie or tart pan with plastic wrap.
- Spread the crust evenly in the pan using a spatula.
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling
- For the filling chill two cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- The next day the water will have separated from the cream. Scoop out the cream and save the water for smoothies.
- Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients until peeks form and it is fluffy and thick.
- The color should turn a pale soft pink
- Pour that over the crust and place back in the freezer while you prepare you jam swirl.
- Mash the berries with a fork
- Combine in the rest of the ingredients.
- I leave this in the fridge overnight.
- To make the swirl on the top put jam in a piping bag or ziplock back and cup a small tip.
- Make vertical lines across your tart.
- Take a butter knife and go horizontally up and down just on the surface. Don’t go all the way through.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge. Keeps for about 3 days. Enjoy!