Healthy Almond Butter Crispies
“Oops I did it again…”I played with your heart and got lost in the sweet crispy game. (See what I did there?)
Healthy Almond Butter Crispies, like you have no idea!
The weather has been crazy beautiful around my way so I’ve been taking advantage and getting my workouts done outside along with hot yoga classes. Which I’m obsessed with by the way. I absolutely love hot yoga! I don’t have the workout gene like some do. I wish I had that “Oh I can’t wait to get to the gym” kind of attitude but I highly dislike the gym. I get so bored doing the same repetitious exercises over and over again. Staying on the elliptical for 45 minutes to an hour is like SNOOZE FEST! But we do it right because we know exercising is Amaze for our bods. The point is, sometimes I have to pull my own hair to get me going so I know what it’s like to want to stay cozied up on the couch with some snacks and bad TV. In a perfect world my friends in a perfect world. haha.So after my hot yoga classes and much needed workouts I like to enjoy snacks. But not just any ole snacks. Healthy ones of course…duuuh! Since I am a big time snacker I like to keep my fridge and cabinets stocked with foods I know I won’t go overboard with and if I do hey I’m eating healthy! I mean I’m not perfect I do go off the wagon and eat chocolate cake (somehow chocolate cake always ends up in my posts) but I don’t eat the lot of it on a daily basis. Again, in a perfect world.These Healthy Almond Butter Crispies are da bomb. Pre or post workout. They are high in protein and give me the energy I need! As for the cereal. Most boxed cereals are super duper bad for you so I stay away. Plus they’re filled with all GMO’s but not this one. This cereal I used is an organic, non GMO, vegan sprouted brown rice! There are literally 3 ingredients in it I can pronounce each one! Oh and just 1 g of sugar per serving. WooHoo, jack pot! So just always read labels even if it says organic.
I figured let me not go the old fashion way and add in the marshmallows. Although good, not really ideal to break those sugar cravings ya know what I mean. So this is bind together with Almond Butter and Maple Syrup. However, you can use honey, rice malt syrup or agave whichever sweetener YOU prefer. Even date paste would work wonders.
Let’s not delay any further, I know it’s Monday and we all got iiish to do and now I just added another thing to your to do list. But I promise the bardest part is waiting for them to firm up in the fridge otherwise this is an easy no bake recipe for even the not so baker in the kitchen.
Recipe adapted from SimplyQuinoa.
- 3 c sprouted brown rice crisps
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- pinch of pink rock salt
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- Line an 8×8″ square pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly spray parchment paper with coconut oil spray or any non stick cooking spray.
- Place cereal and salt in large mixing bowl
- In a small pot heat up almond butter and maple syrup until it’s super liquidy. No more than 2 mins.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and mix until all cereal is coated.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish pressing down so the mixture molds the pan evenly. Use a plastic spatula for this. Place in fridge while you make the dark chocolate.
- Melt dark chocolate either in the oven or using the double boiler method.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and pourable pour over almond butter crisps.
- Use a spatula to get the top evenly coated.
- Place back in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut serve and Enjoy!