Fully Loaded Healthier Vegan Nachosjump to recipe
What’s cookin’ good lookin’? 😉
Ok, it’s Tuesday, usually Taco Night of sorts right. So I’m coming at ya with Fully Loaded Healthier Vegan Nachos. Cha-Ching!
I absolutely LOVE making vegan cheeses. They entail so many healthy and amazing spices it’s pretty much magical. The mind can indeed play tricks on you because while you’re stuffing your face with nutritional goodness, your brain is just thinking…CHEESE!
How is this possible you say? Let’s take a look inside the “cheese”. First the spices, as mentioned above, a boat load of amazingness like turmeric, cumin, paprika, smoked chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Like come on people! All that just in your easy to make, homemade cheese, without any dairy and other stuff you can’t pronounce! I cannot control my excitement!!! 😀
Store bought vegan cheese can be bleh, and most contain soy which, if not organic, is GMO and we say hell no to GMO right? Right. So making your own is always the best because then YOU know exactly what’s going into YOUR beautiful, flourishing, plant loving body. <3
Now listen, don’t think you have to be some sort of Artisan who creates cheese in some fancy shmancy loftly kitchen. No no, dear Healthees, fear not! You just need your good ole blender and a sauce pan to get this party going. Awesome Sauce! Like not even kidding.
I bet, even if you’re not plant based or vegan, this cheese will still have your tastebuds droppin’ it like it’s hot. You don’t have to be plant based or vegan or vegetarian or anything to add more veggies into your life now do ya? In a perfect world well…dot dot dot. 😉
This cheese is versatile so it doesn’t have to be solely for nachos, which is what makes it even more fantastic. As all the other vegan cheeses I make, this one is added on to the list of super easy, nutritious and delicious. You know I don’t like to stay in the kitchen all the live long day slaving over a hot stove. No, I gots sh!t to do.
Check out my other vegan cheese dishes:
Fully Loaded Healthier Vegan Nachos
What You'll Need
- 1 large bag lightly salted tortilla chips
- 1, 16oz can of refried pinto beans (you will only use half, save the rest for later)
- jalapeños (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chunky mild or hot salsa
- 2 tsp turmeric
- salt/pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- slice black olives
- avocado or guacamole
- fresh lime wedges
- tomatoes or more salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chips on baking pan and toast for 10 minutes.
- While the chips are baking, heat up half of the refried beans according to instructions. Usually they just need to be placed on a fry pan and warmed up.
- For the cheese, place all ingredients in a blender and run until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and on medium heat stir frequently for 5-6 minutes. It will thicken up.
- Remove chips from oven and assemble accordingly. Chips, cheese, beans, salsa, olives, cilantro, guacamole, lime juice or vegan sour cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!