Zucchini Noodles in a Garlic Lemon Vegan Cream Saucejump to recipe
I love taking my all time favorite comfort foods and making them healthier. Zucchini Noodles in a Garlic Lemon Vegan Cream Sauce is one of my faves for substituting pasta, especially when you’re trying to stay away from those bad carbs.
This recipe is loaded up with a ton of nutritious goodness. The cream sauce is versatile in the sense you can use it for just about anything. Dip crackers in it, veggies, and make multiple meals out of it. The sauce is ideal for meal planning.
I love spiralizing my veggies sometimes because it’s fun. It’s a great way to get your veggies in too. Typically I won’t just grab a zucchini and bite into it. I would slice it into disks or something. But when I do it this way it really feels like I’m eating pasta or spaghetti! It has texture and holds flavor really well. Plus kids love to eat their “green pasta”. LOL
I added spinach to this because I’m one for “the more veggies the better”. Especially greens. If you can get your greens in any which way I say go for it. Your digestive tract will love you for it.
The sauce is made with cashews, another classic staple in the plant based world. However with how this is prepped you wouldn’t even know it to be honest. A little lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper go a long way.
This is a fresh and simple meal done and ready in less than 20 minutes. You can whip this up for lovers day tomorrow or any day of the week keeping it comforting with a healthy neurotic mommy twist. So get your stoves and blenders geared up because a recipe packed full of delicious ingredients is coming atcha…Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links in which I may make a small commission. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. You can read our full disclosure policy for more information.
Zucchini Noodles in a Garlic Lemon Vegan Cream Sauce
- 3 large sized zucchini
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cups cashews, flash soaked*
- 3/4 cup almond milk*
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- juice of one lemon or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper to garnish (optional)
- Spiralize all of your zucchini to make zoodles.
- In a processor or blender add all ingredients to make the cream sauce: rinse and drain cashews, add almond milk, garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. Then run until smooth and creamy.
- In a large skillet or fry pan heat up 3 tsp of avocado oil on medium heat.
- Add in the zucchini noodles with the 3 cups of spinach and sauté until spinach wilts down a bit.
- Add in half the batch of your garlic lemon vegan cream sauce and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Let cook until warmed through then serve topping it off with crushed red peppers and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- To flash soak your cashews let them sit in boiling water for 15 minutes, then rinse and drain and use as desired.
- can sub almond milk for soy milk or water.
- This is the spiralizer I use.
- Recipe adapted from bewholebeyou.com
Tag your photos on Instagram with #neuroticmommy so I can see your healthy creations!
Stay up to date with NeuroticMommy: Instagram Facebook Pinterest Twitter
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
So delicious! Mine came out more like soup 🙂 Did you cook it to get it to more of a creamy consistency?
I know this is supposed to be a vegan recipe, but can I just use whole milk?
I wasn’t sure if it would be as creamy as yours.
I can’t wait to make it!! Looks delicious!
No worries! You can totally use whole milk.
I just wanted to say that this recipe was so easy & delicious!!!! Thank you for posting it. My boyfriend & I really enjoyed it!
Hi Anna, so wonderful to hear thank you for this positive feedback! Xx
Pingback: 7 Healthy Recipes to Keep You on Track for the New Year - NeuroticMommy