SACRAL CHAKRA 101
SACRAL CHAKRA 101 –
PART 2 TO THE 7 PART CHAKRA SERIES
If you’re just catching this post first, be sure to go read Root Chakra 101 before you dive into this so you’ll be caught up and things will make a bit more sense.
The second chakra, called Svadhistana, Sva means “self” and adhisthana means “dwelling place, seat, or residence”. Meaning the abode to self. Known as the Sacral Chakra that is associated with the color orange and is located at the lower belly and inner pelvis, picture about 2 inches below the navel.
TAP HERE FOR MY POWERFUL SACRAL CHAKRA HEALING AND ACTIVATION MUSIC FROM MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
THE COLOR ORANGE
Orange is associated with expanding consciousness, your connection to feeling God, Source, Spirit, The Universe, however you refer to it. This is a color of vitality, energy, courage, bravery. Orange brings in immense faith in whatever you believe in or connect with.
This Chakra starts to activate at around 6 months old and continues to until about 2 or 3 years of age. According to Hindu , the system starts to activate between the ages 7 and 14 and brings them through puberty. Letting go of all desires of self to bonding on the outside in the Gaia realm. This is where your basic life needs are met and it’s time to tap into the abilities and gifts you came into this life with. That’s why this age can be somewhat difficult for the young ones. It’s confusing and overwhelming because so much is going on spiritually that we may not remember or even understand.
We are aware of how creative we can be but really have no idea how big we really are and what we are capable of when we use our imagination to create our own reality and the life we want to live. But who knows what they want at 7 or 14 right!? Again, confusing, overwhelming and exhausting. So at that age they will sleep 10-12 hours because they are evolving and expanding spiritually. Opening up the wheels of life if you will.
BONUS TIP: If you have kids around this age help them by doing some Chakra work on their Sacral. This will help them feel calmer, patient, centered, and grounded. They need some encouragement and validation. Their feelings are valid and do matter. Make it a point to promote that. This creates a safe space for them to share what they may be feeling or thinking even if it’s something we are still unfamiliar with ourselves. Be open to listen.
The Sacral Chakra is the center of emotions, feelings and stimulates pleasure. It plays an active role in our sexuality and expression of our sexual needs and desires. Governs our Emotions, sensuality, and our creative expression.
The Sacral Chakra is a water element which helps us stay connected to our individuality but also the want and desire to touch and blend with others. Water is nourishment, it is life, it is needed to survive. We and Gaia are made up of 70% water, that is no coincidence. We are fluid and ever moving. However sometimes we get stuck, and things get stagnant so we must actively and intentionally clear our energy centers.
This Sacral centers governs sexual organs, upper intestines, the stomach, and in Hindu it is associated with taste and tongue.
This Chakra is what you will focus on when you’re looking for answers in relationships; relationships with yourself and with others. Your intuitive gifts and abilities and honing in and controlling your empathetic nature. It’s amazing to be empathetic but we must remember to always protect our own energy and not pick up what is not ours to hold and carry.
WHEELS OF INFORMATION
Chakras hold information, they are like memory banks of our lives. In all aspects. They process any energy and will remember how people, places and things made you feel. So, when you’re around someone who makes you feel uneasy, or like something is off, your energy body, your Chakras are picking up the subtle vibrations of that person that at some point in your life you’ve found unwelcoming and uncomfortable.
Keep in mind this can be two completely separate people but the undercurrents or intentions they have can be of the same vibration, a vibration in which you don’t want to be around. Always pay attention to your body’s energy shifts.
Your Chakras are energy experts, even considered energy organs. They manage our energy and energy moves so we need them to help us regulate in mind, body, and spirit.
- Sourcing energy for creativity
- Feeling movement of the physical body and removing stagnant energy in the auric/energetic field
- Feeling the passion and desire to create
- You will be able to freely express your wants and needs in relationships, and pleasure will take first priority
Being unbalanced and out of alignment in this Chakra can present itself in the physical as:
- UTI infections
- lower back pain
- joint inflammation
- any disease in the bowels
- excessive cravings of carbs and sugar
You may feel manipulative, loss of control and power, shy, guilty, afraid to interact with others, lost, and too concerned with what others think. A Lot of judgment of self and others.
When your Sacral Chakra is balanced, you’ll feel genuinely friendly, passionate about anything you do, sexually fulfilled, playful, naturally flirty, romantic, spicy, and lots of self-expression and self-love. Fully open to receive your own light and share it with the world around you.
The Sacral Chakra represents the cycles of birth, death, and rebirth. The organs associated with the Sacral Chakra are Lymphatic + circulatory systems, kidneys, adrenals, any skin related issues, female reproductive organs, and the male reproductive organs.
When you start to heal through the Sacral Chakra you will feel an abundance of health. Healthy relationships, healthy self-image, healthy attachments.
When ignored you will feel overwhelmed with stress and leave yourself open and vulnerable for lower vibrations to dwell and keep you feeling stuck with no motivation.
Healing the Sacral
Aligning and healing will release the guilt we carry and the fear of interacting with others because we’re over thinking and overly concerned with what others think. Releasing judgement of self and also others is magic. When we let that go our life changes. We stay in our lane, keep the focus on self.
It’s about releasing attachment to outcome, surrendering to what is but also knowing we have choices, free will. Each day we choose what we want to do and how we want to feel. It’s about being mindful. You can think of this as the cycles of the moon and how it puts us in-sync with the flow of life as long as we don’t resist and allow ourselves to be guided by our higher self and move with the tide as opposed to swimming against it.
You can do any of these right away!
- Meditate on your Sacral Chakra using crystals like Carnelian or Tigers Eye. Picture the life force energy moving through you, clearing away the stuck and stagnant and replacing it with vibrant orange healing light. Feel your body being as fluid as water, as the energy.
- When in doubt, write it out. Get your thoughts, feelings out on paper! Do not be afraid, be gentle with yourself and do not judge. This is between you and you.
- Eat grounding foods such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, mangoes, and squash. This will help keep you rooted down but open to your connection to Source.
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate!
- Practice yoga focusing on the hips and lower back stretches. Restorative is amazing too as it will help you tap into your parasympathetic nervous system where you can truly quiet the mind among the chaos and trust your intuition to guide you.
- Dance or any kind of movement will move energy. Music, in itself, will move energy so dance like no one is watching!
- Work with a healer and start healing sessions like Chakra Clearings, Reiki, or Past Life Regressions. Having a support system on your spirit journey is key because we all need support! Healers need healers!
- Rest when needed and know that ultimately the Sacral Chakra will show you that you are of love and that you are lovable. You are enough and you are worthy!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram (@neuroticmommy + @motherrealm), and turn on your notifications for all our Crystal live events and follow me on TikTok (@neuroticmommy)!
With Love + Crystals,
Leave a Comment »