Vegan Taco Spaghettijump to recipe
OMG! I mean for the love of all things TACO, I introduce to you Vegan Taco Spaghetti. Brilliance in a pan. There is the traditional way to eat tacos and then there is this way. It’s good to spruce things up a bit don’t you think?! I can get down with regular tacos, soft shell tacos, even spaghetti tacos where you actually put spaghetti in a corn taco shell (that one was a huge hit while I was pregs, I craved it all the time. Mostly on Tuesdays, lol , no not really but would of been funny).
When I think of Vegan Taco Spaghetti a few things come to mind: absolute yumminess, tacos on tacos, then tacos on pasta. Hey, if someone could make a giant size pizza out of tacos I can use spaghetti as such too, amiright!?
This is one of the most easiest and quickest weeknight meals to throw together. We use a vegan beefless crumble, you can do Gardein or Beyond Meat has a good one too, taco seasoning, green chilies, diced tomatoes or salsa, black & green olives, some vegan cheese shreds, green onions to garnish, and if you’re feeling extra like guacamole you can sprinkle on some Vegan Parmesan Cheese if your heart so desires. And your pasta options are endless! You can use traditional, or if you want to go on a healthier route you can do brown rice, quinoa, or millet pasta. All of which can be found at almost any grocery store, Trader Joe’s, and Wholefoods.
If you want to stay away from pasta that’s not a prob either. You can sub spaghetti squash in for the pasta oooor you can put the taco “meat” on top of salad or a toasted tortilla shell. I do either or during the weeks I’m trying to get out of my pasta coma from previous weeks. I like spinach or butter lettuce and sometimes I’ll put the spinach on top of spaghetti squash then I top it off with the taco “meat”. And since the whole romaine lettuce recall, like idk how many times this year, I’ve been steering clear of it. That’s just cuz I’m super neurotic like that. Pun, sorta intended? Maybe? LOL
When I make this I use all the spaghetti because it tastes sooooo damn good the next day cold. I always loved pasta cold the next day but this is on a whole other level of goodness. Plus even better is the kids love it to pieces so packing it up for lunch come school (which for a lot of people has started already) this is a great lunch to pack. Throw on some fresh green olives…mmmmhmmmm.
Here’s what I would pack with a lunch like this: taco spaghetti, side of fruit maybe avo slices, blueberries or strawberries to start them off. Cucumber slices, and some homemade tortilla chips. Another really awesome thing you could do is save some of the taco meat outside the pasta and pack lunches with homemade tortilla chips or 2 soft shell organic corn or flour tortillas and they can build their own taco at lunch! Pack with some olives, lettuce, vegan cheese. If you have the room avocado slices, vegan sour cream, legit the works.
I remember growing up my lunches were not ever all that fancy. I’m lucky I even got lunch. I use to hate peanut butter and jelly because I would get that for like weeks at a time with like barely any pb&j and see all my friends with these glorious lunches or what I thought were super awesome at the time. Anyway, I think that’s why I go all out on my son’s lunch because I want him to one: have a good relationship with healthy food and two: know that eating healthy is in no way boring!
Plus kids really look forward to lunch. They hang out, talk, and get to take a break from all the hard work they’ve been doing for most of the day. It’s also the time where they get most of their calories so I make it a win for the both of us or at least I try to. I’m in no way perfect but dammit if I can give him a freakin’ glorious lunch I’m going to. AHHH #momallday #momallnight
I know you guys are going to be feeling this as hard as I do because it’s so easy and tasty, I mean, who doesn’t love tacos? If you know someone who doesn’t love tacos, no need to introduce us, lol. But seriously, it comes with an option for everyone so no one is left out of the taco party. Taco Spaghetti, Taco Bowls, Taco Salad, the choice is yours!
Taco Tuesday, Taco Wednesday, Taco ANYDAY!
Vegan Taco Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 13.7 oz beefless ground, I used this one (it's sold by 8 packs on Amazon)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes or mild salsa
- 4 oz green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning (1 oz)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 or 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1/2 cup green onions to garnish
- vegan sour cream to top (optional)
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the taco meat. Pour 2 tbsp of avocado oil into a large skillet. Place the beefless crumbles or ground into the pan and break it up.
- Add in tomato paste, can of diced tomatoes or salsa, green chilies, and the taco seasoning. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Once it's done top with however much cheese you want to use. I do anywhere from half cup to a whole cup. Mix it up until the cheese melts and then sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is done drain and rinse with cool water. Add pasta into the skillet with the taco meat and mix in well.
- Top with black and green olives and garnish with green onions. Top with vegan sour cream (if desired) and serve right away. Enjoy!
- Will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Tastes amazing cold!
- optional but recommended: sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese.
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
Tag your photos on Instagram with #neuroticmommy so I can see your healthy creations!
~Pin This Recipe~